Pay by phone

Last updated: February 28, 2023

You can make credit card payments for licensing fees over the phone. When you call us, we'll link you to a secure system where you can privately enter your credit card information. We'll confirm that the transaction was successful or provide assistance if not.

On this page:

What you can pay

You can use your credit card to pay for the following fees by phone:

Talent agency and farm labour contractor licences require financial security as well as a licensing fee. The financial security cannot be paid by credit card.

You can pay by phone using the following card types:

  • Visa
  • Mastercard
  • American Express

How to pay by phone

Follow the steps below to pay a licensing fee by phone:

Submit your application

Click the appropriate link above to find out how to submit your application.

An application will not be considered received until payment has been processed.

Call us

After you have submitted your application, you can call us at 1-800-663-3316 to pay by phone. Service is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Pacific Time.

Make sure you have:

  • The name of the business you provided on your application form
  • Your credit card number, expiry date and CVV number

Connect with an agent

An agent will locate your application in our database, confirm the details and connect with the payment system. The agent will then enter the payment amount.

Enter your payment information

After the agent enters the amount, they will connect you to the payment system.

The system will prompt you to enter your information. The agent will not be on the call with you at the time.

Finish the transaction

The agent will reconnect to the call to confirm that the transaction is complete and provide you with a transaction number. If the transaction is not complete, they can provide assistance.

After the transaction is complete, Employment Standards will not retain your credit card information. Your credit card statement will show “Employment Standards” beside the transaction.

Other ways to pay

If you don't want to pay with credit card, you can mail a cheque or money order. Your application will not be processed until your payment has been received. 

  • Do not mail cash
  • Make it payable to: Minister of Finance
  • Put your payment code in the memo field
  • Attach a copy of your confirmation email to your payment

Mailed to the Employment Standards Branch at:

Employment Standards Branch
PO Box 9570 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria, BC V8W 9K1

If sending by courier (or if a signature is required for delivery):

Employment Standards Branch
200-880 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8W 2B7

We'll send you a confirmation when we receive payment.