Licensing - Employment Agencies

The Employment Standards Act requires that a person must not operate an employment agency unless the person is licensed under the Act. An employment agency is defined as “a person who, for a fee, recruits or offers to recruit employees for employers”. If a person is operating an employment agency for the sole purpose of hiring employees exclusively for one employer, a licence is not required.

For more information, see the following links to the Interpretation Guidelines Manual:

Applying for an Employment Agency Licence

Employment agency licence application and renewal forms are available to download in PDF. You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer before you can view PDF files. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free

Submitting Application Form

The form cannot be submitted online. It must be mailed to 102 - 1577 7th Avenue
Prince George, BC V2L 3P5, faxed to (250) 645-4044 or delivered in person to an Employment Standards Branch Office near you.

Your application is not complete until the Branch receives a non-refundable application fee of $100.00 payable to the Director of Employment Standards. You may enclose a cheque with your application, or you may pay by Visa, Mastercard or American Express. The instructions appear on the application form.

The Branch does not send out renewal notices. You must ensure that the Branch receives your licence renewal application before your current licence expires to avoid a penalty for operating without a licence.

List of licensed Employment Agencies

For more information, please contact the Employment Standards Information Line: 1 800 663-3316