Rules About Licences - Regulation Part 2, Section 9
This section sets out the terms for establishing expiry dates for licences under this Regulation.
9. (1) A licence issued under this regulation
(a) is valid for a period of up to 3 years as specified by the director, and
(b) is not transferable or assignable.
(2) Despite subsection (1)(a), effective January 1, 2000, the director may issue a licence under this regulation for a 3-year term if the farm labour contractor
(a) renews its irrevocable letter of credit for each year of the term, and
(b) has not had a licence under this regulation cancelled by the director.
A licence issued under this regulation is valid for up to 3 years as specified by the director. Any licence issued cannot be transferred or assigned to any other person or corporation.
In the case of a farm labour contractor’s licence, the licence expires one year after the date that it was issued, unless the director has issued a licence for a 3-year term, in accordance with subsection (2),
The director has the authority to issue a farm labour contractor’s licence under this subsection for a 3-year term where a licence has previously been issued and has remained valid for one year, and has not been:
- deemed void under s.8 of the Regulation; or
- suspended or cancelled as a result of a contravention of the Act or Regulation
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.1, Definition, “employment agency”
- s.1, Definition, “farm labour contractor”
- s.12, Employment and talent agencies must be licensed
- s.13, Farm labour contractors must be licensed
- s.125, Offences
- s.2, Licensing of employment agencies
- s.4, Cancellation or suspension of employment agency licence
- s.5, Licensing of farm labour contractors
- s.5.1, Calculation of security
- s.6, Duties of farm labour contractors
- s.7, Cancellation or suspension of farm labour contractor ’s licence
- s.8, If there is a change of directors or officer
- s.10, If a licence is refused, cancelled or suspended
- s.11, Surrender of licence
- s.12, Appeals from the refusal, cancellation and suspension
- s.38, Licensing of talent agencies
- s.38.1, Compliance requirements – talent agencies
- s.39, Exclusions from farm labour contractor licensing requirements