Criminal Notification Procedures

If you are arrested, charged or convicted of a criminal offence or other federal or provincial statutory offence, notify the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, Personnel Security Screening Office. You must also inform the office about any suspended driving privileges. You do not need to notify the office about driving infractions or municipal by-law contraventions.

The Personnel Security Screening Office will determine if the incident is relevant to your position. If the incident is not relevant to the position, no action will be taken. If the incident is relevant to the position then the PSSO will prepare a report and recommendations for the ministry and the BC Public Service Agency.

You will need to provide:

  • Your name, title, duties, ministry and contact information
  • Supervisor’s name, title, ministry and contact information
  • A description of the action, conduct, events or circumstances of the incident, including the dates of the incident