BC's Restart Plan
The phased approach to BC's Restart Plan is on pause for the duration of province-wide restrictions.
The BC Restart Plan takes a phased approach to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19. Each phase provides guidance for individuals and businesses.
Last updated: November 18, 2020
How we move between phases
We move between phases on the basis of:
- Effectiveness of intervention measures in British Columbia and elsewhere
- New scientific knowledge about COVID-19
All British Columbians have a role to play in reducing the possibility of transmission. We must continue to take it slow and be cautious to progress through the phases. B.C.'s safe restart is not a recovery from COVID-19, but the next stage of our response as we learn to live with the virus.
What we're watching to ease restrictions
14-day incubation period
- Monitoring incubation periods in relation to policy changes, like opening up businesses
- Tracking how many confirmed and recovered cases
- Monitoring if outbreaks are connected, including the location, size and severity
What's happening elsewhere
- Noting how other jurisdictions respond to the pandemic