Correctional Centres Visiting Policy
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 to and within provincial correctional centres, in-person visits from the public are restricted at this time.
For the safety of everyone within correctional centres, in-person personal visits are suspended unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Confidential, in-person meetings with official visitors (such as legal counsel) will be accommodated as much as possible, without permitting direct personal contact.
- All visitors are required to follow the same safe hygiene measures and self-screening protocols as staff and will be refused entry if they do not comply.
- Visitors may not access a centre if they are experiencing or exhibiting any signs of illness.
Contact the Warden with any written requests for an exception before visiting a centre in person.
In response to current limitations on personal in-person visits, BC Corrections has implemented video visitation at all 10 correctional centres.
- Before a virtual visit, individuals in custody must provide to corrections staff the name and email address of the potential virtual visitor.
- Please note you may only book a virtual visit once the individual in custody has added you to their approved visitor list.
- All individuals are eligible for personal, virtual visits.
- Virtual visitors may be denied a virtual visit if there are security concerns.
- Virtual visit times, days and duration vary by centre, based on operational needs. See the correctional centre directory to book a visit.