Correctional Centres Visiting Policy
Visiting an inmate gives them the chance to maintain contact with family, friends and professionals. All visits must be arranged directly through the correctional centre where the inmate is being held in custody. Please visit the correctional centre directory to book a visit with an inmate.
There are some rules about visits to ensure the security of correctional centres:
- Inmates must give the names of potential visitors to corrections staff prior to a visit being booked.
- Family and friends can visit one inmate at a time, during visiting hours set by the correctional centre.
- An inmate is entitled to a minimum of two hours of visits with family or friends per week.
- Professional visitors (lawyers, advisors, peace officers, investigators, etc.) may visit an inmate at reasonable times. Inmates are not limited on such visits while in custody.
- Visitors may be denied access if there is a concern about the security of the centre.