BC Corrections mail policy
BC Corrections encourages family and friends to send mail as a way to maintain contact with individuals in custody.
There are some rules related to mail to ensure our correctional centres remain safe and secure:
- Only letters and appropriate photographs are accepted
- Don't send personal or homemade items
- Don't use wax crayon, glitter pens, gel pens or lipstick
- Don't mail any personal or homemade items
- Don't spray mail with any scents
- Don't decorate with glitter or stickers, or by gluing items to mail
All mail is searched. Mail that does not meet security guidelines may be returned.
To find the mailing address of an individual in custody, see our correctional centre directory.