BC Timber Sales - Timber Sale Licences (TSLs)
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) sells about 10-13 million cubic metres of Crown timber through competitive auction. This timber is available to loggers, wood processors and other forestry businesses. The public auction of timber sales licences determines the market value of timber harvested from Crown land, which is then used to set the stumpage rate.
Individuals and corporations must be registered in order to submit a bid for a timber sale licence auction.
- Application to Register as an Individual (FS 590A)
- Application to Register as a Corporation (FS 590B)
Check current registration status.
Timber Sale Licence Opportunities
Find a timber licence opportunity through:
Business Area Sales Schedules
Each business area publishes a sales schedule of potential timber sales licences for a 12-month period.
Submit an Application & Tender
Applicants have the choice to apply for timber sale licence opportunities through paper bid or electronically. BCTS provides clients an opportunity to participate in the process to submit TSL tender applications electronically (e-Bidding) during a pilot period, ending October 31, 2018.
- Director's Initial Notification Letter - January 13, 2017 (PDF)
- Director's Notification Letter - February 27, 2017 (PDF)
- Director's Notification Letter - Pilot Project Extension (PDF)
Register for BC Bid e-bidding services and submit tender applications using e-Bid: