BC Timber Sales - safety certification
BC Timber Sales is committed to continually improving forest safety. We demonstrate and promote safe work sites and safe forest management practices and implement a systematic approach to safety.
All individuals, corporations or partnerships who provide direction to workers or contractors who work or operate on timber supply licence areas must be:
- Certified as SAFE companies
- Endorsed by the BC Forest Safety Council as new entrants
- Certified under a safety certification scheme recognized by the BC Forest Safety Council or BC Timber Sales, or
- An employee who works for an employer that is safety certified or endorsed
- Safety Bulletin: May 2023 (PDF, 300KB)
- Safety Bulletin: April 2022 (PDF, 336KB)
- Safety Bulletin: June, 2020 (PDF, 517KB)
- Safety Bulletin: March, 2018 (PDF, 763KB)
- Safety Bulletin: November, 2016 (PDF, 576KB)
- Testing Your Emergency Response Plan (YouTube)
- A Guide to Effective Emergency Drills for Forestry Operators (PDF, 770KB)
Details of the BCTS Safety Certification program have been moved to internal government access only.