Resources & Contact Information
Resources and contact information to support those using the BC Building Code and other provincial building regulations.
Links to Key BC Codes Pages
- BC Codes 2018
- Errata & Revisions
- Technical Bulletins
- Code Interpretations
- Code Questions
- Letters of Assurance
- BC Energy Step Code (external link) contains guides, training videos and other materials to help Energy Step Code users
- Building Accessibility Handbooks
- Building Accessibility Handbook 2020 (PDF, 9.8MB) is an update to the 2014 edition to support users to apply the BC Building Code 2018 accessibility requirements
- Building Access Handbook 2014 (PDF, 3.6MB) is an illustrated guide to support users to apply the BC Building Code 2012 accessibility requirements
- Building Act Guide explains the Building Act and B.C.'s building regulatory system
- Building Envelope Thermal Bridging Guide (external link) explains thermal bridging to help realize more energy-efficient multi-unit residential, commercial and institutional buildings
- Earthquake Safety and the BC Building Code (PDF) provides an overview of building design and construction regulation for earthquake safety
- Energy Efficiency Illustrated Guides provide information on how to comply with the requirements in Section 9.36 of the 2012 Code
- Float Home Standard (PDF) outlines standards for the design and construction of float homes
- Learn about the History of British Columbia Building Regulations
- Solar Hot Water Ready Regulation Guide (PDF) provides information on the installation of rough-ins for solar domestic hot water systems
BC Housing's Learning Centre provides learning on a variety of residential construction industry topics in their Research Library (external link). The library includes
- Builder Insight series (external link)
- Building Science Reports (external link)
- Residential Design & Construction Guides (external link) which includes guides on
- Seismic bracing requirements for Part 9 buildings
- Building Envelope Thermal Bridging
- BC Energy Step Code Design and Building
- Mid-rise Best Practices
They also have recordings of past seminars in their Building Smart (external link) series.
Building Officials' Association of BC
Building Officials' Association of BC (external link) has useful links for building officials and other professionals.
Review historical reports from previous building codes and related projects.
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia. Page updated: April 15, 2021