BC Building Code Interpretation Committee
The BC Building Code Interpretation Committee is a volunteer committee that provides uniform, province-wide, non-binding interpretations of the BC Building Code and the BC Plumbing Code.
Committee members include representatives from the
- Architectural Institute of BC
- Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- Building Officials’ Association of BC
- Plumbing Officials’ Association of BC
- The City of Vancouver
A representative from the Building and Safety Standards Branch participates as a non-voting member.
The committee meets on the third Tuesday of each month to review, discuss, and evaluate interpretation requests. Decisions are made by consensus of voting members and all results are provided in writing.
Anyone can request a code interpretation, or ask for clarification on the Codes by completing the online interpretation request form.
Past code interpretations
- 2018 BC Building Code Interpretations
- 2012 BC Building Code Interpretations
- 2006 BC Building Code Interpretations
- 1998 BC Building Code Interpretations
The content of this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: February 9, 2021.