Building Act Guide
The Building Act Guide provides information about the Building Act for local governments, building officials and those working in the building construction sector.
The guide is presented in sections and explains
- What the act is
- How stakeholders are affected
- Procedures that result from the act
Building Act Guide, Part A Introduction
- A1 Understanding B.C.'s Building Regulatory System (PDF)
- A2 A Guide to the Building Act: Modernizing B.C.'s Building Regulatory System (PDF)
- A3 Building Act Brochure (PDF)
- A4 Building Act PowerPoint Presentation (PPT). Provides a short, introductory presentation about the Building Act and the changes it introduces to B.C.’s building regulatory system
Building Act Guide Update
Check back soon for links to an updated Appendix B1 and Section B2 of the Building Act Guide.
Building Act Guide Part B
Information for Specific Stakeholders
- B1 What Local Governments Need to Know about the Building Act (PDF)
- B1 Appendix Changes for Local Governments Under Section 5 of the Building Act (PDF)
- B2 What Building and Plumbing Officials Need to Know about the Building Act
Building Act Guide Part C
New Procedures (How to…)
- C1 A Guide to Requesting a Local Authority Variation (PDF)
- C2 Provincial Policy, Local Government Implementation of the BC Energy Step Code (PDF)
The content on this page was updated by the Province of British Columbia on June 25, 2020.