The BC Building Code includes requirements for:
- the minimum energy efficiency of buildings and their equipment
- minimum ventilation requirements for houses and some residential apartments
The following resources are designed to help code users understand and comply with these requirements.
Building Code Content
- Section 9.36 Energy Efficiency (PDF) - a copy of the code requirements and appendix notes for section 9.36. energy efficiency
- Division B Acceptable Solutions Part 9 - Housing and Small Buildings Section 9.32. Ventilation (PDF) - a copy of the code requirements for section 9.32. ventilation
- Appendix A Division B Explanatory Material A-9.32.3. Heating Season (Mechanical) Ventilation (PDF) - a copy of the code appendix notes for section 9.32. ventilation
This content is also included in the online version of the building code.
The content on this page is periodically updated by the Province of British Columbia per the date noted on the page: September 5, 2018.