PharmaCare for B.C. Residents
Visit COVID-19 Immunization Plan to find out about getting a vaccine.
PharmaCare is British Columbia’s publicly funded program that helps B.C. residents pay for some:
- Prescription drugs
- Medical supplies
- Pharmacy services
For most PharmaCare plans, you must be actively enrolled in the Medical Services Plan of B.C. (MSP).
The Fair PharmaCare plan is based on income: the lower your income, the more help you get.
Fair PharmaCare is for all B.C. residents, and you are encouraged to register.
There are no premiums to pay. You can register online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Register for Fair PharmaCare||You can also register by phone or by mailing in a paper form.|
- Fair PharmaCare (Plan I)
- Recipients of B.C. Income assistance (Plan C)
- Psychiatric Medications (Plan G)
- Permanent Residents of Licensed Residential Care Facilities (Plan B)
- First Nations Health Benefits (Plan W)
- BC Palliative Care (Plan P)
- Cystic Fibrosis (Plan D)
- Children in the At Home Program (Plan F)
- Assurance Plan (Plan Z)
- How PharmaCare helps pay for:
- General coverage policies
- Special Authority for special coverage
- How PharmaCare decides which drugs to cover
Note: PharmaCare cannot help with purchases at pharmacies that are not enrolled in PharmaCare. Purchases at these pharmacies won’t count towards your deductible.
Your Voice surveys
Patients, caregivers and patient groups can share experiences and opinions about drugs under review. See Your Voice.
Are you a health care professional?
See our dedicated web pages for:
Questions about PharmaCare? Contact us. We provide interpreter services in over 140 languages.