Medical Devices and Supplies Coverage
In addition to a broad range of drugs, PharmaCare covers approved prosthetic and orthotic devices, ostomy supplies, and insulin pumps and supplies for eligible B.C. residents with diabetes.
For patients age 18 or younger, PharmaCare covers custom orthoses, worn full-time, needed to attain or maintain basic functionality or to prevent future deformity. This includes plagiocephaly helmets for infants.
PharmaCare covers ostomy supplies for patients who have undergone bowel or bladder surgery that results in a colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy, requiring an external pouch.
Diabetes Management Supplies
- Insulin pumps for eligible diabetic patients age 25 or younger who require insulin
- Insulin pump supplies for eligible diabetic patients of any age with an insulin pump
- Blood glucose test strips (annual quantity limits apply)
- Needles and syringes for diabetics who inject insulin
- Insulin for diabetics who require it