Childcare BC Maintenance Fund
The Childcare BC Maintenance Fund (formerly Minor Capital Funding) program is being enhanced under the Childcare BC plan to offer more support to more licensed child care providers in order to ensure that existing spaces can be properly maintained and continue operating. The Childcare BC Maintenance Fund grant is available to support eligible organizations to address emergencies, make necessary repairs, and/or replace equipment for their operations. Specifically:
- Non-profit licensed Group child care providers are eligible for up to a maximum of $10,000 per fiscal year (per physical address, not per licence);
- Private licensed Group child care providers are eligible for up to a maximum of $5,000 per fiscal year (per physical address, not per licence); and
- Licensed personal residence child care providers are eligible for up to a maximum of $2,000 per fiscal year (per physical address, not per licence).
In addition, eligible Group, Preschool, or School Age child care facilities that are required to relocate will now be supported by up to $25,000 to enable them to quickly resume their services, and remain in compliance with licensing requirements under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and Child Care Licensing Regulation.
Who Can Apply for Repair, Replacements and Maintenance?
- Licensed group child care providers, including non-profit societies, local governments, boards of education, public institutions, partnerships, sole proprietors, corporate or limited companies, band/tribal Councils, and first nations governments.
- Licensed Family Child Care, In-Home Multi-Age Child Care and Multi Age Child Care (MACC must be licensed as a Family, and not as a Group provider) operating out of a personal residence.
Who Can Apply for Relocations?
- Funding for relocations is available to:
- Non-Profit licensed Group, Preschool, and School Age operators, including local governments, boards of education, public institutions, band/tribal Councils, and First Nations governments.
- Private licensed Group, Preschool, and School Age operators, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited and corporate companies.
- Licensed facilities operating out of a personal residence are not eligible for relocation funding.
- Licensed Group child care facilities applying for relocation funding and providing care to children “under 36 months” and/or “3 years to Kindergarten” must be enrolled in the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative (CCFRI) to be eligible for relocation support.
What has Changed?
The following funding guidelines and related documents provide more information about eligibility, and will help you complete your application:
- Childcare BC Maintenance Fund Guidelines (PDF)
- Eligible Items Sample Table (PDF)
- FAQ (PDF)
- Factsheet (PDF)
Complete the Childcare BC Maintenance Fund Application (PDF), attaching the required documentation.
Please note: when submitting quotes, ensure there are two quotes from two different sources for each request.
Once all paperwork has been completed, please email the application, along with the attachments, to the Childcare BC Maintenance Fund program (email link in application).
Please allow up to four weeks for processing. Funding is subject to approval and availability of funds.