Publications & Guides for Pesticides
Find reference materials designed to help pest control managers understand and navigate legislated requirements.
Look up specific information and requirements from the Integrated Pest Management Act and Regulation that are important for specified pest management sectors.
Manuals related to home, garden, landscape and structural pest management that are available to order.
Home & Garden Pest Management Guide for British Columbia (2009)
Find information and suggestions for pest prevention and integrated pest management that can be used at home or in your garden.
Integrated Pest Management Manuals
These handbooks by L.A. Gilkeson and R.W. Adams are used in certification training for pesticide applicators.
- Integrated Pest Management Manual for Landscape Pests in British Columbia (2000): Chapters cover specific types of sites and pest problems including weeds, insects, diseases, general vegetation management
- Integrated Pest Management Manual for Structural Pests in British Columbia (1996): Chapters cover specific pests common in B.C., such as carpenter ants, cockroaches, fleas, rodents, stored products pests, termites, silverfish and others
View reports collected for compliance and enforcement of the Integrated Pest Management Act (IPM).
- IPMA Compliance Report 2016 (PDF) - 2016 results for inspections of parties regulated under the Integrated Pest Management Act.
- 2016 IPMA Inspection List (XLS) - Spreadsheet containing data on authorization holders in various sectors and their 2016 compliance results.
- 2016 Vendor Assessment Report (PDF) - Report on 2016 assessment of pesticide vendors for compliance with the Integrated Pest Management Act.
- 2016 IPMA Vendor Assessment List (PDF) - Inspected vendors and their compliance results in 2016.
Pesticide Use Surveys in B.C.
Review the comparative analysis of trends in pesticide sales and use.