Pesticide Use in Business & Industry
Pesticide exams, certificates, and authorizations are affected by the pandemic. IPM Response to COVID-19
If you’re a pest management professional or a business that sells or uses pesticides, find out when authorizations are required and access information or tools designed specifically for the work that you do.
Most business activities that involve using or selling pesticides require authorization – a pesticide licence, confirmation or permit. Authorization is required if you:
- Sell non-excluded pesticides
- Apply pesticides as a service or business
- Apply pesticides on public land
- Use pesticides on a non-service basis for specific industries (for example, you apply pesticides as part of your business on land that you own or manage)
Find out which authorization is required – read a summary of the regulation (PDF).
A vendor licence is required to sell pesticides. The type of licence you need depends on the class of pesticide you sell – domestic, commercial, restricted or permit-restricted.
- Review the specific requirements for vendors (PDF)
- Get a pesticide licence (PDF, 3.8 MB)
- Review the guidance for remote pesticide sales (PDF, 223 KB)
Sector-Specific Tools & Guides
If you use pesticides as part of your work or you apply pesticides to public land, find out if you need a licence, confirmation or permit and access guides specific to your business.
Get an Authorization to Use Pesticides
Access application forms and other information about getting a certificate, licence, confirmation or permit to sell or use pesticides
Recordkeeping & Reporting
Keep your pesticide records up-to-date - access the forms needed for reporting all pesticides applications activities