Climate action and accountability
Through CleanBC, the Province works with a range of partners to reduce emissions, create opportunities and manage risks from our changing climate. Learn more about B.C.’s progress and actions.
Each year, government publishes a climate change accountability report with the latest details on CleanBC actions and information on B.C.’s progress to our greenhouse gas targets.
Highlights from the 2020 Climate Change Accountability Report
- Made cleaner options more affordable with rebates under CleanBC’s Go Electric and Better Homes and Better Buildings Program
- Improved availability of electric and hybrid vehicles to ensure all new light-duty vehicles are zero-emissions by 2040
- Started infrastructure and energy projects through the CleanBC Communities Fund, CleanBC Industry Fund and BC Indigenous Clean Energy Initiative, among many others
- Worked with the federal government to significantly expand the clean electrical grid to provide clean electricity to B.C. communities, businesses, and industry
- Increased stringency of B.C.’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard to 20% by 2030
- Completed a first of its kind climate risk assessment for B.C. and contributed millions to help reduce wildfire, flooding, and drought
- Launched the CleanBC Plastics Action Plan to prevent, reduce and recycle plastics in our communities and environment
- Achieved 10 years of carbon neutrality across 128 provincial public sector organizations