Climate Solutions and Clean Growth Advisory Council (Climate Advisory Council)
The Climate Advisory Council provides strategic advice to government on climate action and clean economic growth. It includes members from First Nations, environmental organizations, industry, academia, labour and local government.
The Council supports a steady and committed approach to climate action that drives down emissions, increases economic opportunities and improves community resilience.
Read the Council’s final report submitted to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy at the end of its term.
Read the April 25, 2018 letter submitted to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy from the Council.
The Council’s advice for government will respect Indigenous perspectives and the goal of reconciliation, and will be guided by eight shared principles:
- Demonstrating ambitious leadership
- Ensuring credible, durable and cost-effective policies
- Creating prosperity and jobs
- Supporting a just transition
- Enabling industry competitiveness
- Increasing community resilience
- Respecting diversity and ensuring equity
- Committing to meaningful engagement
Learn about the Council Members.