Transportation Network Services
Now available: a PDF of the presentation used at Educational Sessions around the province: Passenger Transportation Act and Regulations – Province Requirements (PDF)
Operation of Transportation Network Services (also called ride-hailing) was recently approved for British Columbia. Find out how to participate in this type of service.
In a Transportation Network Service (TNS) a passenger hires and pays for travel in a licenced Passenger Directed Vehicle (PDV) through a website or mobile application.
These vehicles operate under the authority of TNS companies and must comply with B.C. provincial regulations and any municipal bylaws that apply.
Fees for services are paid through the application or website directly to the driver and the TNS company through which the driver operates.
Prepare for this New Service
- Become a licensed TNS company
- Become a licensed PDV driver
- Information for taxi companies and taxi drivers
- Information for municipalities
- Tips for passengers
- Learn how rules and regulations will be enforced for TNS services and the penalties for operating without the proper TNS licences
- Learn about ICBC's insurance for ride hailing