The Registrar of Passenger Transportation (Registrar) and the Passenger Transportation Board (Board) have distinct responsibilities administering the Passenger Transportation Act.
The Registrar of Passenger Transportation administers and issues passenger transportation licences and verifies safety requirements. The Registrar initiates compliance and enforcement actions against both licensed and unlicensed operators. The Registrar and their staff work at the Passenger Transportation Branch.
- Apply for a passenger transportation licence
- Make changes to an existing licence
- Apply for a temporary operating permit
- Update your company/operator information
- Contact the Passenger Transportation Branch
- Registrar Rules of Practice and Procedure (PDF)
The Passenger Transportation Board is an independent tribunal. It’s primary responsibility is to review applications and make decisions for licensing of passenger-directed vehicles (for example, taxis, limousines, shuttle vans, ride hail) and inter-city buses in B.C. The Board also reviews appeals of administrative penalties imposed by the Registrar.
- View the Passenger Transportation Board Weekly Bulletin, a summary of applications, decisions and policies
- Learn about the appeal process and understand the requirements
- Contact the Board
|Toll-free (Service BC):||1 800 663-7867|
|Address:||Passenger Transportation Branch
Suite 200 -1500 Woolridge Street
|Hours:||Monday through Friday, except statutory holidays
Contact the Board for questions about the Board mandate and processes or appeals of administrative penalties imposed by the Registrar. The Board does not answer questions about decisions.
|Mailing address:||Passenger Transportation Board
PO Box 9850, STN PROV GOVT
|Office location:||202-940 Blanshard Street