Licensing for Passenger Transportation in B.C.
It’s a good idea to delay the purchase, lease or rental of vehicle(s) until you have approval for a passenger transportation licence.
Individuals and companies who operate commercial passenger vehicles in B.C. require a passenger transportation licence.
Types of Licences
The type of vehicle you operate and the service you plan on providing determine what type of licence you need.
- Find out if your vehicle / service is exempt from carrying a licence
- Find out which type of passenger transportation licence you need
- Find out how establishments can offer rides home for patrons who have consumed alcoholic beverages
Once you’ve determined the type of licence you are applying for, read the requirements and learn how to apply for that licence.
Existing licensees can amend, change or transfer their general or special authorization licence.
- Add a vehicle
- Add a service or change a service
- Change passenger directed vehicle rates or rules
- Transfer a licence
- Renew a licence
Replace Decals, Plates or Vehicles
Replace a decal, plate or document, or move a plate to an alternate vehicle.