FAQs on Changes to the Passenger Transportation Regulations Effective September 16, 2019
These FAQs are related to the regulatory changes that came into effect on September 16, 2019. This content impacts taxi, limousine and ride-hail companies and their drivers.
For answers to frequently asked questions relating to the changes made to the Passenger Transportation Regulations effective September 16, 2019 please visit the links below.
- I am a driver looking for the Record Review Application. Where can I find it?
- Where can I learn more about the data requirements? (relevant for licensees with either a PDV or TNS authorization)
- I am a ride-hail company. Where can I learn about municipal business licences?
- Where can I learn about ICBC insurance for ride hailing?
- What are the requirements for Transportation Network Services Vehicle Identifiers?
- Where can I learn about Transportation Network Services or Ride-Hailing?
- What are the new requirements for drivers of passenger directed vehicles?
- I am a taxi/limo licensee. Can you explain the new Record Check Certificate?
- I am a ride-hail company. Can you explain the Record Check Certificate?
- Why does the government require a Class 4 licence for ride-hail drivers?
- How do I apply for a Transportation Network Service Licence?
- Do I need special insurance for Transportation Network Services or Ride-Hailing?
- Is there a driver training program requirement under the new regulations?
- I am a police officer. What changes are relevant to my position?