RW Bruhn Bridge
The Highway 1 four-laning project includes approximately 1.9 km of Highway 1 four-laning, replacement of the existing R.W. Bruhn Bridge with a new four-lane bridge, and intersection improvements between Old Sicamous Road and Silver Sands Road.
- The project is currently in the detailed design phase
- Improve safety and traffic flow along the Trans-Canada Highway 1 corridor
- Replace the aging RW Bruhn Bridge
- Improve safety of local road connections at the Trans-Canada Highway 1
- Enhance safety for pedestrians and cyclists along the existing Trans-Canada Highway 1 corridor
The total project cost is estimated at $224.5 million. This includes up to $91.08 million from the Government of Canada under the Provincial-Territorial Infrastructure Component of the New Building Canada Fund.
Please visit the website regularly for project updates. The following Information Boards provide background on the project, an overview of the design, summary of recent progress, schedule and next steps.
Several consultations have been held to gather feedback and present options for the R.W. Bruhn Bridge Replacement Project.
- Community Engagement February 1 - 18, 2018 Summary Report (PDF, 8.1MB - April 2018)
- Community Engagement Presentation - Sicamous - February 1, 2018 (PDF, 8.8 MB)
- Community Engagement November 15 2016 - January 15, 2017 Summary Report (PDF, 10.1MB - February 2017 )
- Community Engagement Presentation - November 15-29, 2016 (PDF, 6.6MB)
- Project Liaison Committee Meeting, December 5, 2017 (PDF, 3MB)
- Presentation to Sicamous council, September 20, 2017 (PDF, 808KB)