Highway 1 - Salmon Arm West
Take the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Tell us how we are doing and where we can improve
This portion of the Highway 1 - Kamloops to Alberta program involves four-laning and other improvements along Highway 1 in west Salmon Arm, including intersection upgrades and construction of new frontage roads.
- Salmon Arm West - 1st Ave. SW to 10th Ave. SW
This portion of the Highway 1 Kamloops to Alberta program involves widening a 2.2 km section of highway to four lanes from 1st Ave. SW to 10th Ave. SW in Salmon Arm.
- Salmon Arm West - 10th Ave. SW to 10th St. SW
This portion of the Highway 1 Kamloops to Alberta program involves widening 1.0 kilometres of highway from two to four lanes between 10th Ave SW and 10th Street SW in Salmon Arm.
The total budget for the Salmon Arm West four-laning project is $184.7. This includes up to $31.4 million from the Government of Canada under the Provincial-Territorial Infrastructure Component of the New Building Canada Fund.
- Improved safety and mobility
- Increase to four lanes with median barrier
- New bridge over Salmon River
- Wider shoulders to increase safety for motorist and cyclists
- Improved pedestrian cyclist trail network
- Improved access to and from the Trans-Canada Highway
- Improved alignment to provide better sight lines
On November 28, 2017, 177 people attended a public open house that was held to present details of the Salmon Arm West project. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure staff were on hand to provide information and answer questions.