Planning Your Visit to a Recreation Site or Trail
Use the following resources to plan a safe and enjoyable experience in British Columbia's rugged backcountry.
Find a Recreation Site or Trail
Check for possible closures or alerts that may affect the site you plan to visit.
Recreation Site & Trail Information
Fees & Reservations
Some sites charge fees, though discounts are available for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Vehicle Access to Recreation Sites and Trails
Rules & Site Use Etiquette
Other policies and strategies to enhance your enjoyment and safety of the sites and trails.
Information is available for persons who wish to organize and host events at recreation sites or trails.
Activities at Recreation Sites and Trails
Other camping resources:
- BC Parks — has many campsites throughout the province
- Parks Canada — camp in B.C.'s eastern mountains or western islands
- Hello BC — helps you explore camping & RVing by region
- RVing and Camping in BC — includes private campgrounds
Fishing & Hunting
- Follow this link for further resources on Fishing & Hunting
Are you a geocacher who would like to explore BC’s recreation sites and trails? If so, you are invited to participate in a geotour. Recreation Sites and Trails has teamed up with Backroad Mapbooks to create a themed geotour of popular recreation sites and trails throughout BC.
- For more information follow this link: GEOTOUR
Off Road Vehicle Use
Off-road vehicles (ORVs) are increasingly popular across British Columbia, both for work and leisure. British Columbia’s new Off-Road Vehicle Management Framework promotes the safe and responsible use of ORVs on Crown land.
- Learn more about Snowmobiling in BC