Reservations, Fees & Discounts for Recreation Sites & Trails


The majority of recreation sites are on a “first come, first served basis;” however a small number of campsites are available for reservation within the Chilliwack District. Check the specific recreation site details for how to reserve a campsite.


Fees are charged at some recreation sites and trails. Fees collected by operators (cash only) will vary depending on the services provided at the site or trail and are used to cover the costs of repairs, maintenance and supervision. Please visit “Find a Site or Trail” to determine which sites and trails have fees.


At managed camping sites where fees are collected, discounts of 50% off the regular camping fee are available to seniors and persons with disabilities that meet the following criteria. A person can only claim for a maximum of one type of discount.


Persons 65 years of age or older can receive a senior’s discount. The discount only applies to the senior and his/her spouse. To receive the discount, please show one piece of ID verifying age (i.e. drivers licence) to the campsite operator.

Persons with Disabilities

Persons with disabilities can receive a disability discount. You must be designated as a Person with Disabilities under the BC Employment and Assistance Program, or have a child who is eligible for the At Home Program to qualify for the reduced rate. To receive the discount, please show one piece of identification (i.e. driver’s licence) and one of the following to the campsite operator:

  • A release of information form issued by the Ministry of Housing and Social Development. This form may be obtained by contacting your local Employment and Assistance Centre.
  • A letter of eligibility issued by the Ministry of Children and Family Development stating that your child is eligible for the At Home Program.