History of Community Corrections
- 1910: First chief probation officer appointed
- 1930: Earliest community supervision and support of adult offenders
- 1942: First probation system for adults instituted in B.C.
- 1945: Creation of the first probation officer’s association
- 1950: Creation of the Corrections Branch in B.C.
- 1950: Probation established across B.C.
- 1970: Priority given to innovative community corrections programs
- 1974 to 1977: Development of community correctional centres
- 1970 to 1980: Experiences with probation services in rural communities
- 1980: Creation of the B.C. Parole Board
- 1992: 50th anniversary of probation services
- Memoirs of a Pioneer Probation Officer
- Additional Videos