Justice Access Centres

Last updated: September 29, 2022

On this page

What do Justice Access Centres assist with?

Justice Access Centres have staff to assist you with family law issues and some Supreme Court civil law issues such as:

  • Separation or divorce
  • Simple probate
  • Requesting a review of decisions of the Residential Tenancy Branch and various tribunals
  • Appeals to the Supreme Court
  • General Supreme Court information

Staff can help assess what you need, provide information about your legal and related issues and refer you to services and resources that are available for your situation, including:

  • Self-help and information services
  • Dispute resolution and mediation options
  • Limited legal advice
  • Community resources and agencies
  • Free publications



Justice Access Centres are wheelchair accessible and family friendly. In some situations, an interpreter can be arranged.

Safety concerns

If you are concerned for your safety, staff may refer you to:

What to expect

  • If you have a family law issue, you may speak with a family justice counsellor or a child support officer and learn about or participate in dispute resolution
  • You will be linked to community groups as needed
  • If you need legal advice or are interested in meeting with a lawyer, you will be provided service information
  • Services provided by Justice Access Centre staff are free
  • Staff may refer you to services that are based on financial need, and so may ask about your income
  • Justice Access Centres do not deal with criminal issues, small claims court forms and filings or some other specific legal solutions

Participating partners

Justice Access Centres are funded by the Ministry of Attorney General. Onsite services are provided by the Ministry of Attorney General and partner agencies.

Partner agencies vary depending on the centre and can include but are not limited to: