Justice Access Centres

If you live in Abbotsford, Nanaimo, Surrey, Vancouver or Victoria you can get help from a Justice Access Centre (JAC).

Justice Access Centres are the place to come when you need help with family law issues and some other Supreme Court civil law issues such as simple probate, requesting a review of decisions of the Residential Tenancy Branch and various tribunals, appeals to Supreme Court and general Supreme Court information.

They offer a range of information and services designed to help people find an early and affordable solution, including the services of Family Justice Counsellors.

At a Justice Access Centre, you can:

  • Learn about the B.C. court system and court procedures in Provincial Court, Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeal
  • Get legal information
  • Locate and fill out the relevant court forms
  • Find out where to get legal advice, and
  • Find alternatives to going to court
  • Access public computer terminals to prepare materials for court, complete a Parenting After Separation course or do self-directed legal research

Locations, phone numbers, hours of operation and other information are available on the Justice Access Centre website.

For more information about the JACs, including details about the legal issues they can assist with, see the Justice Access Centre brochure.


There are some differences between the services available at each Justice Access Centre.

Depending on which Justice Access Centre you want, select AbbotsfordNanaimoSurreyVancouver or Victoria.