BC Timber Sales - Goals, Objectives & Principles
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) generates economic prosperity for all British Columbians through the safe, sustainable and reliable development and auction of public timber, and by playing a pivotal role in the ministry’s reforestation strategies.
We are committed to pursuing excellence in all aspects of our business, focusing on results and maintaining effective, meaningful relationships with stakeholders and First Nations.
Goal & Objectives
BCTS has one goal and three objectives set within our three overarching principles of:
- Forest sector safety
- Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples
- Sustainable forest management
BCTS's goal is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the market pricing system through auctions of timber harvested from public land in B.C.
- Objective 1: Sell the full BC Timber Sales apportionment over the business cycle, consistent with safe practices, sustainable forest management, and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- Objective 2: Generate direct net revenue and indirect revenue for the Province over the business cycle.
- Objective 3: Continuous business improvement – within BCTS, across government and with third parties.
The achievement of our goal, objectives and principles supports the outcomes of economic prosperity, sustainability, business excellence, safety and reconciliation for the benefit of all British Columbians.