In strata housing, the owners own their individual strata lots and together own the common property and common assets as a strata corporation. Learn more about understanding strata housing.
- Find out more about Living in a Strata including a strata bylaws and strata fees.
- Strata housing can include apartment-style condos, duplexes even single family homes. In addition to strata housing there are also industrial, commercial and mixed-use strata developments. Learn more about the different Kinds of Strata.
- Strata corporations are created when the strata plan is filed with the Land Title Office. Strata plans will show common property, limited common property and individual strata lots.
- Learn more about Common Property, Limited Common Property and the strata plan.
- Learn more about the Exclusive Use of Common Property.
The information on strata housing is provided for the user’s convenience as a basic starting point; it is not a substitute for getting legal advice. Learn more about the site’s purpose and limits. The content on this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: July 19, 2017.