In strata housing, the owners own their individual strata lots and together own the common property and common assets as a strata corporation. Learn more about strata housing.
- Find out more about living in a strata including strata bylaws and strata fees.
- Strata housing can include apartment-style condos, duplexes even single family homes. In addition to strata housing there are also industrial, commercial and mixed-use strata developments. Learn more about the different kinds of strata.
- Strata corporations are created when the strata plan is filed with the Land Title Office. Strata plans will show common property, limited common property and individual strata lots.
- Learn more about common property, limited common property and the strata plan.
- Learn more about the exclusive use of common property.
Find it fast: a convenient site map listing all the webpages on the Province's strata housing website.
Subscribe for occasional email updates to strata legislation and the Province's strata housing website.
Disclaimer: The information on this strata housing website is provided for the user’s convenience as a basic starting point; it is not a substitute for getting legal advice. Please learn more about the site’s purpose and limits.
The content on this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: May 30, 2023.