Strata meetings and strata voting
The Strata Property Act has specific requirements about strata council meetings, general meetings and voting. These requirements help to ensure that strata corporations govern themselves democratically.
Learn more on this website:
- Preparing for general meetings including giving notice and distributing meeting materials
- COVID-19 and strata meetings
- Conducting general meetings including taking minutes and order of business
- The voting process including eligible voters, quorums and proxy voting
- Types of votes including majority, 3/4, 80%, and unanimous
- Requirements for strata council meetings
Find it fast: a site map listing all the strata housing pages and subpages.
The information on this website about strata housing is provided for the user’s convenience as a basic starting point; it is not a substitute for getting legal advice. Learn more about the site’s purpose and limits. The content on this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: January 4, 2021.