Low Cost Alternative (LCA) and Reference Drug Program (RDP) Data Files
PharmaCare regularly updates LCA and RDP information on the first Thursday of every month. Occasionally, we make changes mid-month.
LCA data files
This list includes all new and existing generic drugs within the LCA Program with their current reimbursement limits (effective January 6, 2022).
RDP data files
This list includes all new and existing RDP drugs with their current reimbursement limits (effective January 6, 2022).
The LCA/RDP Updates Workbook (XLS) (January 6, 2022) includes the following four spreadsheets, which provide cumulative information on all new generic drug listings; all new LCA categories; all changes and effective dates for new LCA or RDP reimbursement limits; and any drug de-listings.
- Summary Spreadsheet—summarizes the most recent changes to the LCA/RDP.
- LCA Updates Spreadsheet—all updates made to the master LCA spreadsheet since April 1, 2021
- RDP Updates Spreadsheet—all updates made to the master RDP spreadsheet since April 1, 2021
- Non-benefit Spreadsheet—all non-benefit generic drug listing decisions made since April 1, 2021
Occasionally, PharmaCare makes changes to the LCA/RDP between monthly updates. These as-needed changes might include generic drug pricing adjustments or expedited coverage for significant first-entry generics. When this happens, PharmaCare posts updated versions of the above files. Make sure you always have the most recent information by checking this site on the first Thursday of the month and again mid-month.
- LCA and RDP Data Dictionary (PDF, 114KB) — detailed explanation of the data fields in the LCA and RDP master spreadsheets
- LCA Pricing Exceptions — information on pricing exemptions for drugs available in multiple dosage forms and strengths
- List of Manufacturer Codes (PDF, 192 KB) — the codes that appear in the “MAN” field of the LCA/RDP files
If you have questions about the data files or historical pricing, please send a detailed email to PharmaCare.