Administering a Group Plan
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, production and distribution of Employee Record Cards (ERCs) has been temporarily discontinued by Health Insurance BC (HIBC). This change protects your group members’ personal information and allows HIBC to adapt to the continually evolving demands of the COVID-19 situation.
Confirmation of any changes to your MSP Group Plan membership will continue to be provided via the monthly Group Account Change Summary letter. If needed, a listing of all MSP Group Plan members is available upon written request to HIBC.
New group changes and cancellations can continue to be submitted through existing paper forms, available at Forms for Group Plan Administrators. MSP Direct also remains available as an online resource for MSP Group Plans to update and monitor their membership. More information is available at MSP Direct.
Note: If your organization has alternative or remote working arrangements during the COVID-19 pandemic, please ensure that HIBC has an accurate address for MSP Group Plan correspondence.
MSP PREMIUMS ENDED AS OF JANUARY 1, 2020.
MSP premiums were eliminated as of January 1, 2020. Go to MSP Premium Elimination: Group Administrators to find out how it impacts the administration of your MSP group plan.
This Medical Services Plan (MSP) Group Procedure Guide section is designed to help you in the administration of your organization’s group medical coverage. Definitions and regulations are outlined and we have provided instructions to assist you in the completion of our various forms.
This guide provides a general outline only. All information is subject to change in accordance with the provisions of the Medicare Protection Act and Medical and Health Care Services Regulation, and the Hospital Insurance Act and Regulations. If a discrepancy exists between the guide and the legislation, the legislation will prevail.
- Setting Up a Group Plan
- Adding Members
- Changing Members' Account Information
- Adding, Updating and Removing Members' Dependents
- Cancelling Members' Benefits
- Changing Your Company Name
- Cancelling Your Group Plan
- Other Information
- Paying Your Invoice
Monitoring Your Group Plan Membership
Health Insurance BC provides MSP Group Plan administrators with information on their plan membership through two types of monthly mailed letters:
- Confirmation of MSP Group Account Changes. This letter indicates any changes to membership in the previous calendar month, including new additions and cancellations, with the associated account numbers/PHNs and effective dates. It is sent to all MSP Group Plans by default (if there were any changes in the past month).
- Summary of MSP Group Account Enrolment. This letter lists all members of an MSP Group Plan, with the associated account numbers/PHNs and number of individuals covered with each account holder. It is available upon request by an MSP Group Plan administrator, and can be provided on an ongoing monthly basis, or as a single issuance.
Please contact HIBC to request the Summary of MSP Group Accont Enrolment letter, or to discontinue subscription to either letter type.