Search for Fish & Fish Habitat Data & Information
Explore the categories below for information about how to search for fish and fish habitat data and information:
- Use Fisheries Inventory Data Queries Tool (FIDQ) to search for fish and fish habitat data and information for freshwater water bodies including watershed codes, waterbody location information, fish presence, physical lake and stream data, obstacles, fish stocking records, species codes, bathymetric maps and fish inventory projects
- Use EcoCat to search for reports and information from freshwater fish inventories and projects
- Use Cross-Linked Information Resources (CLIR) to search multiple provincial repositories for species and ecosystem documents and information, including fisheries, through a single search
- Use the B.C. Species and Ecosystem Explorer (BCSEE) for information on specific fish species, including their conservation status
Can't find the information you're looking for? Contact us.
Use the B.C. Data Catalogue to access various fisheries spatial data layers for desktop GIS analysis including:
- Known B.C. Fish Observations and B.C. Fish Distributions
- BC Lakes Inventory Surveys
- BC Stream Inventory Site Samples
- Provincial Obstacles to Fish Passage
- Ecological Aquatic Units of British Columbia (EAU BC) is a hierarchical classification of B.C.'s freshwater ecosystems including:
- Provincial Fish Ranges:
- Use Habitat Wizard to spatially view fish data and waterbody information. Habitat Wizard is a customized version of the iMapBC highlighting fish and wildlife species.
- Use CDC iMap to search known element occurrences (an area of land where a species is known to occur) of red- and blue-listed species and ecosystems