Submit Fish & Fish Habitat Data
The province collects and curates data and information about freshwater fish and fish habitats in B.C. Review the submission processes below for different data types.
Fish Data Submission Process (FDS)
This process ensures that collected data is entered into the Provincial Fish database and non-permitted data is submitted. The Fish Data Submission (FDS) process is required for Scientific Fish Collection Permit holders.
- Steps for submitting fish data are available on the Fish Data Submission Process (FDS) page
Submitting Angling Guide Data
Angling guides must report all guiding activity conducted under their Angling Guide Licence. Reporting steps are as follows:
- Register for a BCeID
- Record your guiding information in the appropriate spreadsheet template: Unclassified Waters (XLS), Classified Waters (XLS)
- Login with your BCeID to the Angling Guide Reporting SharePoint site
- Submit your guide report using the submission form and completed spreadsheet
Help videos for submitting angling guide data:
- First time access to Angling Guide Reporting site
- Troubleshooting access issues for the Angling Guide Reporting Site
- How to submit your report
Help documents for submitting angling guide data:
- How to Access the Angling Guide Reporting Site - Instructions (PDF)
- Reporting Fraser River White Sturgeon Fishing Location Information (PDF)
Fish Passage Data Submission
The Land Based Investment (LBI) fish passage program is focused on remediating stream crossings that impede freshwater fish migration.