- There's a ban on second generation anticoagulant rodenticides
- Learn more about how the rodenticide ban affects pesticide vendors
We're now currently accepting a PDF version of the Annual Sales Summary Form (PDF, 245KB).
Please stay tuned for updates as we resolve technical issues with our electronic forms.
You must have a pesticide licence to sell domestic, commercial, restricted or permit-restricted pesticides.
Apply for a pesticide vendor licence
To apply for a pesticide vendor licence, you need:
- Someone on your staff with a valid pesticide dispenser certificate
- Have your business in good standing, if it's registered with the BC Registrar of Companies
There are 2 options to apply for your licence:
Amend a pesticide vendor licence
If you make any changes to your licence information after it's issued:
- Complete a new Pesticide Licence Application Form (PDF, 421KB)
- Email it to IPMPBC@gov.bc.ca with the subject line 'Licence Amendment'
- If the changes result in a higher fee category, you must pay the increased fee
Understand the requirements for pesticide vendors
Pesticide vendor licence holders must follow the requirements under the Integrated Pest Management Act and Regulation.
Vendor requirements also apply when selling pesticides remotely (not face-to-face).
Learn more about the requirements for pesticide vendors:
Record information for each sale of commercial and restricted labelled pesticides.
When selling second generation anticoagulant rodenticides (SGARs), extra information must be recorded:
Record total quantities of commercial, restricted and permit-restricted labelled pesticides sold in a calendar year.
Submit this form by April 1 of the following year: