Provincial Scholarships Program information for students
The provincial scholarships program recognizes student achievement and encourages students to pursue post‑secondary education.
Last updated: October 12, 2022
On this page:
- Types of scholarships
- How the program works (overview)
- How to use a scholarship
- Getting help with your scholarship
|BC Achievement||$1,250||No application required||November|
|District/Authority||$1,250||Apply through the school or district||November|
|BC Excellence||$5,000||Seek the school’s nomination and apply by February 15||October|
|Pathway to Teacher Education||$5,000||Apply by February 15||October|
To receive a scholarship, students must meet the program’s core eligibility requirements as well as the specific requirements of the award.
A student must do the following:
- earn a scholarship and satisfy all eligibility requirements;
- pay tuition and start their program;
- receive their paper voucher in the mail (by the end of November);
- ask their post-secondary institution or program provider to stamp and sign their voucher;
- redeem their voucher with the Ministry; and,
- wait for their cheque to arrive in the mail.
How to turn your scholarship voucher into a cheque:
Please review our instructions on redeeming your voucher.
However, you can also to speak to someone about how to redeem your scholarship. For example, you could ask, "How can I get proof of enrolment if my classes are all online?" Please try one of the options below.
Elsewhere in B.C. Toll Free
1 800 663-7867
If you would like to ask for an update regarding the status of your scholarship or scholarship payment, please use the online form. With this form, you may ask a question such as, “I redeemed my scholarship over eight weeks ago and have not received my payment. Was my cheque returned to the Ministry as undeliverable?”