BC Excellence Scholarships
The application period for the 2018/2019 BC Excellence Scholarship Application closed on February 24, 2019. Winners will be announced in September.
There are 55 BC Excellence Scholarships available to recognize well-rounded B.C. graduates. Winners demonstrate service and leadership, both at school and in their communities. Winners also show aptitude and commitment to their chosen career paths. They will receive a $5,000 scholarship voucher to use towards their post-secondary tuition.
You must be nominated by your secondary school in order to apply for this scholarship. Only one student from each school may be nominated. Please inquire at your school if you would like to be considered for nomination. You must confirm your nomination by having your school principal sign and date the BC Excellence Nomination Form (PDF).
In the online application, you will be asked to provide specific information and additional attachments.
- You can prepare by reviewing the list on the first page of the Application in advance
- You will upload any required attachments directly to the online application when prompted
- Attachments should be Word documents or PDF files under 15 MB in size
Conditional winners and their schools will be notified by email in May. Winners are confirmed in September, and notified by mail. They will also receive vouchers at this time. Vouchers must be redeemed within 5 years of graduation. Exact expiry dates are printed on vouchers.
- Complete the application online (Update: Applications closed on February 24, 2019)
- See Scoring guides (PDF) for reference
- Submit your completed application to the Ministry no later than February 24, 2019
- Selection of winners will be finalized after August 31, 2019
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) and meet the requirements of the B.C. Graduation Program (2018) by August 31, 2019
- Have at least a
- "B" (73% or above) in their Language Arts 11 final mark
- "B" average in final course marks that fulfill graduation requirements of Science 11 or 12, Math 11 and Social Studies 11 or 12, with no more than one "C+" (67% or above) final course mark, (marks lower than “C+” are not accepted)
- Maintain a “B” average or better in Grades 11 and 12 final course marks required for graduation
- Write and pass a Language Arts 12 provincial examination
You can't win both a BC Excellence Scholarship and a Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship.