Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship
Conditional winners for the 2018/2019 school year have been selected. Conditional winners will be confirmed and notified by mail after September 27th. Your scholarship status can also be viewed using the StudentTranscripts Service.
The Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship is awarded to 20 outstanding high school graduates who have demonstrated a commitment and aptitude for a career path in K-12 teaching. Winners receive a $5,000 scholarship voucher to redeem when they are registered and attending an approved K-12 teacher education program at one of BC’s nine Faculties of Education.
Conditional winners and their schools will be notified by email in May. Winners will be notified directly in September when eligibility is confirmed.
In the online application, you will be asked to provide specific information and additional attachments.
- You can prepare by reviewing the list on the first page of the Application in advance
- You will upload any required attachments directly to the online application when prompted
- Attachments should be Word documents or PDF files under 15 MB in size
- Complete the application online (Update: Applications closed on February 24, 2019)
- See Scoring guides (PDF) for reference
- Submit your completed application to the Ministry no later than February 24, 2019
- Selection of winners will be finalized after August 31, 2019
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) and meet the requirements of the B.C. Graduation Program (2018) by August 31, 2019
- Have at least a
- "B" (73% or above) in your Language Arts 11 final mark
- "B" average in final course marks that fulfill graduation requirements of Science 11 or 12, Math 11 and Social Studies 11 or 12, with no more than one "C+" (67% or above) final course mark, (marks lower than “C+” are not accepted)
- Maintain a “B” average or better in Grades 11 and 12 final course marks required for graduation
- Write and pass a Language Arts 12 provincial examination
You can't win both a Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship and a BC Excellence Scholarship.
Pathway to Education Scholarship vouchers must be redeemed within 7 years of graduation. Exact expiry dates are printed on vouchers.