BC Achievement Scholarships
BC Achievement Scholarships recognize the top 8,000 graduates in the province. The Ministry will determine recipients based on achievement in Grades 10, 11, and 12 courses that satisfy B.C. Graduation Program requirements, including elective courses. Grad Transitions will not be included.
A cumulative average percentage will be calculated and form the basis for determining winners, who receive a $1,250 scholarship voucher to use towards their post-secondary tuition.
Students do not apply for this scholarship.
In addition to placing in the ranking of the top 8,000 graduates, recipients must also:
- Meet basic eligibility requirements
- Be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) and meet the requirements of the B.C. Graduation Program (2018) by August 31, 2020
- Be graduating in the same year the scholarship is awarded
- Have at least a "B" (73% or above) in their Language Arts 12 course
- Have no more than one Transfer Standing (TS) or Standing Granted (SG) indicator among course marks used for the calculation of winners, excluding Language Arts 12, which must have a percentage score