Licensed Science Officer 1 & 2
The two Licensed Science Officer entry level positions (LSO 1 and LSO 2) are affiliated with one of the following professional associations:
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia)
- Association of B.C. Forest Professionals (ABCFP)
- B.C. Institute of Agrologists (BCIA)
- Architectural Institute of B.C. (AIBC)
- British Columbia Land Surveyors (BCLS)
The LSO positions don't require classification review prior to staffing. Use the descriptions to determine which level is appropriate, or find pre-written job profiles in the Job Store.
In order to be paid as a licensed professional in one of these categories, the following qualifications are mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate scientific discipline and affiliation through student/training membership in one of the above associations (for example, trough Engineer-in-Training).
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate scientific discipline and full professional registration in one of the above associations.
Registrations in an equivalent jurisdiction (for example, Alberta) are considered eligible and are generally given up to one year to become registered in a B.C. association.