Licensed Science Officer 1 & 2
The two Licensed Science Officer entry level positions (LSO 1 and LSO 2) are affiliated with one of the following professional associations:
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia)
- Association of B.C. Forest Professionals (ABCFP)
- B.C. Institute of Agrologists (BCIA)
- Architectural Institute of B.C. (AIBC)
- British Columbia Land Surveyors (BCLS)
The LSO positions do not require classification review prior to staffing. Use the descriptions to determine which level is appropriate; find pre-written job profiles in the Job Store.
In order to be paid as a licensed professional in one of these categories the following qualifications are mandatory:
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate scientific discipline and affiliation through student/training membership in one of the above associations (for example, trough Engineer-in-Training)
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate scientific discipline and full professional registration in one of the above associations
Note: Registrations in an equivalent jurisdiction (for example, Alberta) are considered eligible and are generally given up to one year to become registered in a B.C. association.