How to Post a Job
You need to create a Hiring Request to post your job.
Your hiring request will be processed faster if you have approval to hire, a position number and current, accurate information (for example, location and job profile) about the position. Choose the best option for your hiring needs.
Select Your Hiring Need
Select one of these options on the Hiring Request form:
- Select "I need recruiter guidance with this competition" (which may include consultation, posting, screening tools)
- This option is strongly recommended for new hiring managers or if you have not hired recently
- You'll work with a recruiter through the entire hiring process and receive hiring tools, advice and assistance as required, including consultation, posting and screening
This option is intended to streamline the process for experienced hiring managers:
- Select "I do not require recruiter assistance for this competition, I only need my job posted to the Job Opportunities site"
- This option is recommended only for those who already have a ministry-approved standard posting, screening, security designation form and job profile template (for example, correctional officers, probation officers, employment assistance workers) or who frequently post the same job
- The services don't include consultation with a recruiter. Services are limited to the posting, the Summary of Applicants/Closing Report, Years of Continuous Service Calculation, letters and documentation collection
- You must complete all of the required information on the Hiring Request form and attach the required documents (job profile or description, posting and questionnaire) in order to use this option. Failing to do so will automatically move you to Option 1 for consultation with a recruiter
- If selecting this option, use the Forms and Tools for Hiring Managers
- Select "I need to hire from an Eligibility list"
- An eligibility list is an inventory of pre-qualified candidates in ranked order that have been assessed in a previous competition
- If choosing this option, you must provide the requisition number or the ticket number for the original posting. The eligibility list must also still be active
- This service only includes the hiring letter and delivery of onboarding documentation to the successful applicant. You're responsible for managing your eligibility lists and providing the name of the successful applicant
- Select "I need to hire from an established inventory (Clerk 9, etc.)"
- An applicant inventory of pre-qualified candidates has been established and will be used for your hiring (for example, Clerk 9 Inventory, Financial Officer 18, SPO 24 Child Protection Worker)
- Select "This is an Agency, Board and Commission hiring request"
- Select this option if you are hiring in an agency, board or commission
- You can decide if applicants apply using the RMS or apply using a different method or website