Competencies describe the behaviours and attributes that you demonstrate when doing your job. Find out how they're used in our hiring process.
Behavioural competencies are essential to performing a job and differentiate average from superior performance.
In the BC Public Service, there are three types of competencies:
- Behavioural competencies that apply to all supervisors, managers and staff
- Competencies for strategic leadership positions
- Indigenous relations behavioural competencies for those working directly and indirectly with Indigenous people
See below for more information about these competencies:
- Competencies List
- BC Public Service Competencies (PDF, 98KB) - This document includes definitions of each competency.
- Competencies for Interviews & Hiring
- Competencies for Strategic Leaders
- Indigenous Relations Behavioural Competencies
- Competencies for Hiring Managers - How competencies are used in the hiring process in the BC Public Service.