Last updated: November 19, 2021
Interviewing is the most commonly used method of assessing candidates.
Interviews are typically done face-to-face, but may also be conducted by phone or online.
Key steps in planning, conducting and documenting a job interview:
- Interview Checklist (PDF, 199KB)
- Interview Template (DOCX, 56KB)
- Planning and Conducting Interviews: Information for Hiring Managers (DOCX, 179KB)
- Pocket-sized Interview Checklist (PDF, 235KB)
Sample interview questions:
- Choosing Behavioural Interview Questions (PDF, 160KB)
- Sample Indigenous Relations Behavioural Competency Questions (PDF, 612KB)
- Sample Behavioural Interview Questions (PDF, 218KB)
- Sample Role and Organizational Alignment Questions (DOCX, 42KB)
Resources for evaluating behavioural competencies:
- Indigenous relations behavioural competencies
- Core competencies in strategic leaders
- Hiring with Strategic Leadership Competencies (PDF, 402KB)
- Interpretive guides for behavioural interviews (IDIR restricted)
- Interpretive guides for Indigenous relations behavioural competencies
Contact AskMyHR or your hiring advisor if you need assistance formulating your interview questions.
Submit an AskMyHR (IDIR restricted) service request using the category A Hiring Manager > Hiring Process > Assessment & Selection.