The first year
Last updated: October 22, 2021
Review the Standards of Conduct and oath of employment
Complete your annual review of the Standards of Conduct and oath through an online course (IDIR restricted).
Set a reminder in your calendar to complete this step each year.
Complete your first performance review
Everyone in the BC Public Service takes part in a performance review each year. It's a great opportunity to measure how you're doing at work and set career goals.
You and your supervisor will meet regularly to discuss your professional successes and challenges.
Coaching services and learning opportunities can help you excel at your job and advance in your career.
Find out more about:
- Coaching services help employees achieve individual, team and organizational results
- Pacific Leaders scholarships and student loan forgiveness for public servants and their children
- Learning Centre programs offer a variety of formal, informal and experiential training and learning opportunities
- Career support services offer free confidential and professional advice to help with career-related planning and decision-making, effective coping skills and managing career transitions
Visit the events calendar
Use the corporate events calendar to find local events that you can join.
The BC Public Service values employee health and well-being and offers programs and resources to support employees:
- Employee benefits, including MSP, extended health, dental and basic life insurance coverage
- Employee health and well-being resources
- Health and well-being courses (IDIR restricted) through the Learning Centre, such as:
- Health and Well-being: Allies for a Safe and Healthy Workplace (IDIR restricted)
- Health and Well-being: Workplace Resources for Healthy Living (IDIR restricted)
- The 8 Dimension Model for Health and Well-being (IDIR restricted)
Ask questions or get more information: Onboarding.Support@gov.bc.ca