The First Year
Review the Standards of Conduct and Oath of Employment
Complete your annual review of the Standards of Conduct and Oath through an online course. Set a reminder in your calendar to complete this step each year.
Complete your first performance review
Everyone in the BC Public Service takes part in a performance review each year. It's a great opportunity to measure how you're doing at work and set career goals.
You and your supervisor will meet regularly to discuss your professional successes and challenges.
Coaching services and learning opportunities can help you excel at your job and advance in your career. Find out more about:
- Coaching Services help employees achieve individual, team, and organizational results
- Pacific Leaders: Scholarships & Student Loan Forgiveness for public servants and their children
- Learning Centre Programs offers a variety of formal, informal, and experiential training and learning opportunities
- Career Support Services offers free confidential and professional advice to help with career-related planning and decision-making, effective coping skills, and managing career transitions
Visit the events calendar
Use the @Work corporate calendar to find local events that you can join.
The BC Public Service values employee health and well-being and offers programs and resources to support employees:
- Employee benefits, including MSP, extended health, dental, and basic life insurance coverage
- Employee health and well-being resources
- Health & well-being courses through the Learning Centre, such as Health and Well-being: Allies for a Safe and Healthy Workplace and Health and Well-being: Workplace Resources for Healthy Living
- Health Where You Work Group on @Work
- The 8 Dimension Model for Health & Well-being
Ask questions or get more information: Onboarding.Support@gov.bc.ca