Leaving the Public Service

Find everything you need to know about resignation, retirement and bridging service.


Information about planning your retirement. Includes pension, pre-retirement leave and retirement allowance.


What you need to do once you decide to leave your job.

Bridging Service

How to bridge your service if you are a regular employee resigning to care for a dependent parent, spouse or child.

Employee Exit Checklist

Take care of these housekeeping items before you leave.


Bargaining unit employees

Employment termination is covered under your Collective Agreements.

Excluded employees

Read about the employment termination for excluded employees under Human Resource Policy 8.

Converting to Individual Benefits Plans

The conversion policy enables an employee to convert to an individual extended health, dental and life insurance plans when their group coverage ends.