Coastal Fire Centre bans and restrictions
Prohibitions apply to all public and private land, unless specified otherwise. Please check with your local government authorities for any other restrictions and assess conditions before lighting any fire.
The following activities and equipment are currently prohibited throughout the Coastal Fire Centre:
- Category 3 open fires
- Category 2 open fires
- Binary Exploding Targets
- Burn Barrels or Burn Cages of any size or description
- Air Curtain Burners
- Sky lanterns
As of Tuesday, September 20,2022 at 12 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) the following activities and equipment are no longer prohibited throughout the Coastal Fire Centre.
- Tiki and similar kind of torches
- Chimineas, outdoor stoves and other portable campfire apparatuses that are not CSA-approved or ULC-approved
Map of affected areas
- Map of Category 2 and 3 open fire prohibition
- Map of lifted campfire prohibition
- Campfire prohibition lifted for the Coastal Fire Centre Information Bulletin
- Category 2 and 3 open fire prohibition Information Bulletin
- Campfire prohibition lifted Information Bulletin at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), on Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Campfire prohibition lifted in North Island Central Coast Forest District at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), on Wednesday, September 07, 2022.